Hello X2go users,
as promised we are introducing a new X2goclient for Windows today. Even if the version number is a bit of boring (the number is related to the update of all other X2go packages) this is really a big step of this piece of software. The most interesting changes are:
- Windows 7 users can now install (and use) X2goclient for Windows
- exotic (really exotic!) usernames can now use x2goclient
- As X2goclient now contains an X-Server build from sources the installer of Xming is no longer part of this package
- PulseAudio is now nativly build for X2goclient
- sshd will not be started as system daemon any more
- every X2coclient process starts a own Version of X, ssh and PulseAudio.
- the session dpi can be adopted to the local display
- for printing and viewing PDFs (X2goprint) it’s now possible to use the windows default PDF viewer application with winapi function “ShellExec” (If you use this option you won’t need ghostscript any more)
If you’d like to test it, please send us your opinion and discovered bugs. Please remove previously installed x2goclients and xmings (if you don’t need it any longer). A whole list of changes will be postet to our mailinglist.
Xgoclient 3.01-4 can be downloaded here:
Heinz & Alex